Healthcare Compliance Internal Resources (HCIR) has developed and implemented a customized compliance program in accordance with the client’s Code of Conduct. It is required that all providers and personnel adhere to all components of the Program as it applies to their duties and responsibilities that relate to these seven compliance elements suggested by the federal government and Office Inspector General (OIG).
Does your practice have a compliance program in place?
Compliance is “Preventative Medicine for your Organization”:
Every practice should have a compliance program in place before an audit occurs as this can save you tens of thousands of dollars and a time consuming audit and/or lawsuit.
A compliance program demonstrates a pro-active approach and helps to avoid formal enforcement actions while providing your practice an opportunity to address deficiencies and problems.
If your practice does not have a compliance program or would like to improve upon one, CPa Medical Billing will assist in customizing a program that fits your needs. We can handle the development, maintenance and management of a program consistent with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Our compliance program was created to assist in creating an “effective” compliance program promulgated by the Office of Inspector General of the Department of Health & Human Services.
CPa Medical Billing compliance program offers some of the following benefits:
- Provides specialized compliance training and education for your staff
- Assigns an independent compliance officer to your practice
- Conduct quarterly audits and random chart audits focusing on high-risk billing and coding issues through
- Follows all ongoing HIPAA developments, and their effect on transaction and code sets; privacy; and security
- Guarantees to maintain HIPAA compliancy within its software
- Builds in privacy and security features and functions that will help practices in their compliancy efforts
- Automatically implements software changes and workflow processes as they are published by the government